INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USAGE (“COOKIES”)
Any information you provide is to be true, accurate, current, non-misleading, and consistent and relevant for the purpose for which you are providing the information. You warrant that the information you provide does not infringe on any other’s rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property and publicity rights.
Personal information (name, address, birthdate, etc.), if supplied by the user, is kept private and confidential, and used only for the purposes for which it was provided (such as responding to an email inquiry, etc.). We do not share this information with any third parties other than those listed in the Information Disclosure section below.
Information collected allows us to:
- Respond to an email inquiry;
- Permit you to participate in certain functions of the site;
- Permit you to participate in contests and sweepstakes:
- Share with you promotional opportunities, if you opt-in to receive such;
- Tailor your experience on the site;
- Improve the site and its features;
- To maintain the site; and
- To otherwise provide you with the best website experience.
Our website does not track, collect or distribute personally identifiable information (PII) about visitors. We do aggregate and analyze website usage statistics to improve the Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office website in an ongoing effort to provide better information and services our members, clients, and the public.
The Site and Apps may automatically track certain information about your behavior while visiting the Site. The information gathered includes:
- The URL from which you accessed this Site, and which URL you visit next. We may collect and store this aggregate information in order to measure the Site’s performance and improve the Site’s design and functionality; and
- The content you view, share via social networks, and like or dislike via the corresponding buttons on the Site and Apps. We collect this data in order to better understand your preferences so that we can create customized experiences.
The Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office website may collect some of this information using “cookies,” stored information in a browser’s memory that is shared with our system’s server.
- COMMENTS – When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- MEDIA – If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Personal information may be disclosed in the following situations and to the following third-parties:
- To entities affiliated with the Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office;
- To unaffiliated third parties that are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of the Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office (Service Providers), and are required to uphold and maintain the Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office’s policies with respect to privacy and the treatment of your Personal Information (e.g., vendors maintaining our Site and Apps or computer databases or performing fulfillment or marketing activities for the Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office);
- To other persons as permitted by applicable law or regulation; and
- To law enforcement personnel and agencies, or as part of a legal process, in order to protect our property or in furtherance of an investigation regarding a breach of the Site rules and policies, unauthorized access to or use of the Site or any other illegal activities.
The Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney website has in place reasonable methodologies to protect the information it collects and reduce the likelihood of leakages of personally identifiable information by accident or unauthorized access to such data. These measures may include an electronic firewall and various other protection measures that involve virus scanning, installation of security patches, vulnerability testing, backup and recovery planning, employee training, security audits and other steps designed constantly to improve the data protection posture. However, we cannot guarantee that information during transmission through the Internet or any computer network is entirely safe from unauthorized intrusion, access or manipulation. We will have no liability for disclosure of information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Users of the westerncircuitda.com website may opt-out of (1) receiving communications from the Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office and its subsidiaries (except for communications necessary for your use of the Site or App), or (2) any other consent previously granted for a specific purpose concerning your Personal Information, by sending an e-mail to the Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office at email@example.com.
The Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office Site may include the ability to “share” content from westerncircuitda.com to your social network accounts and/or to link your accounts, at your direction. We will post information to your social media account only at your explicit direction by clicking on one of the social media share buttons. We retrieve information, such as “likes”, “subscriptions”, and “friend lists” to improve content recommendations. We do NOT share this information with advertisers or sell the information to any third parties except for those listed in the Information Disclosure section above, but we reserve the right to share aggregated information about our audience with no personally identifiable information.
SALE OR TRANSFER OF WEBSITE AND DATA
In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution, or sale or transfer of substantially all of the assets of the Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office personal Information and/or usage data collected about you from the Site may be sold, assigned, or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity and/or assets of the Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office in order to permit the party to continue the operation of the Site. Subject to your ability to opt-out as described above, by using this Site and submitting your information to us, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
The Western Judicial Circuit District Attorney Office website is not provided for use by, with, or for minors under the age of 18 years.
Updated: June 2, 2021.